You will find below the general conditions of DOTREMONT*. These general conditions apply to all services rendered by the partners, lawyers, employees and appointees of DOTREMONT within the scope of its normal activities.
- DOTREMONT is a civil company with registered office at Avenue Louise, 65/11 in 1050 Brussels, Belgium and with company number 0895.663.158, that has taken the form of a closely held limited liability company (besloten vennootschap met beperkte aansprakelijkheid).
- DOTREMONT is the exclusive contracting party for all services performed by its lawyers, employees and appointees.
- The maximum liability of DOTREMONT with respect to the services provided is in the event of an incident limited to the amount effectively paid under the coverage of its professional liability insurance for such incident. On request, a copy of the insurance policy can be obtained.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, the fees due by the client are calculated by multiplying the number of hours worked by the applicable hourly rate that applies to the person who has rendered the services within DOTREMONT, as determined by DOTREMONT. These fees are increased with costs.
- Invoices sent by DOTREMONT to clients have to be paid immediately after receipt of the invoice. If the invoice is not paid in time, DOTREMONT is authorized to charge, in addition to the principal amount, the statutory interest and an additional fixed payment of 10% of the principal amount to cover the administrative costs.
- The legal relationship between DOTREMONT and its clients is governed by Belgian Law. Disputes shall be settled by the courts of Brussels.
* Carl Dotremont bvba